We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site to which this Site links, or that links to this Site.
I. Collection of Information/Use of Collected Information
We collect information in several different manners. This Site does not require a user to voluntarily offer any personal information such as contact information (physical or online) - and absolutely no contact information is gathered involuntarily or without user consent. Below is an overview of information that can be submitted by the user, and how we use the information given. The only exceptions to the rules below are listed in section V - Distrubution of Information.
- Email Addresses - Users can create an account with their email address as a unique identifier/username. A user is only required to create an account if they would like to place an order or view order related status/inquiries. To browse the site, no information is required to be submitted. The email information is only used for order confirmations, order status updates, method of contact about an order or order/product inquiry. If the user places an order with their account, they can opt-in to a newsletter and product promotion mailing, and also have the option to opt out at a later date via their online account interface. Dave's Pro Shop does not distribute/sell/rent/lease email addresses to third parties, and only use customer email addresses for the reasons stated.
- Order Submission - a user is required to enter only the minimum information to receive their order (First Name, Last Name, (Company name if applicable), Phone Number, Billing & Shipping Address, State, Zipcode and payment information (Credit/Debit card type, Cardholder's name, Card Number, Expiration Date and CV2 Code) all other information such as fax number, secondary phone, company name, etc are optional and would only be used as a secondary method of contact in case the primary method fails. Dave's Pro Shop uses this information solely for order fufillment. This information may be passed on to another manufacturer/vendor in certain cases where one or more of the products ordered is not shipping from our central location, but rather is being dropshipped directly from the manufacturer/vendor to the customer's final delivery location. In a case such as this, only the necessary information to complete the order is given.
- Payment Information/Credit Card Numbers - After a user places their order and their payment information is collected - Dave's Pro Shop's website automatically sends this information to our credit card processor using SSL secure transaction standards to ensure your information is sent and received safely. Once our credit card processer authorizes the amount of the order, we no longer keep the full credit card information. Full credit card information when placing an order is not currently saved in any portion of the Dave's Pro Shop website or database, and is purposely not saved for security and liability reasons. In the future, Dave's Pro Shop may opt to save credit card information at the credit card processor's location. This information would be used in situations of repeat orders, and reoccuring charges, and would be held to the highest security standards.
II. Cookie/Tracking Technology
III. Log Files/Visitor Statistics
Anytime a visitor uses the site, general statistic information is gathered automatically by the web hosting server (As is the case for nearly every site on the internet) Dave's Pro Shop sometimes uses this information for research and development, to better understand customer's site navigation and purchase behaviour, and marketing/ad research. Information such as IP address, pages visited and duration at those pages, referring website and time of day visited are gathered by the server statistic logs.
IV. Age/Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from those who are under the age of 13. We request that if you are 13 years of age or younger, do not post personal information about yourself through our site, unless supervised and permissed by a parent or guardian.
V. Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
(1) permitted or required by law; or,
(2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or,
(3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Also - non identifiable personal information such as site statistics, number of visitors, daily/weekly/monthly/yearly volume, etc. may be given to third parties for advertising/marketing or statistic purposes.
VI. Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
VII. Privacy Contact Information
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 1-800-387-3617
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.